newberryobserver.com

Updated: Walmart evacuated for fire

Asia Ashley Staff Writer

10 months 5 days 10 hours ago |8162 Views | | | Email | Print

A small fire was reported at Walmart at 9:11 a.m. today.


Customers and employees began evacuating shortly after 9:20 a.m. as the LaGrange Fire Department tended to the fire at the market entrance roof of the store.


Customers and employees stayed in the parking lot until about 9:55 p.m. when managers notified that it was safe to return inside the store.


Fans were set up at the entrance to filter out the remaining fumes; The Market entrance of the store remained blocked of as of 10:30 a.m. and will likely remain closed until fumes have completely cleared.


A Troup County 911 supervisor said that the fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical problem, but Walmart management would not comment on the incident.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in Newberry
Newberry Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business