• 5 p.m.-6 p.m.: Wightman UMC holds its Back-to-School Blessing and Celebration in the Prosperity Town Park and Civic Center followed by the blessing of the book bags and a hot dog supper.
• 10:30 a.m.: Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church, 2360 Mt. Pleasant Road in Pomaria, celebrates its 194th Homecoming. The Rev. Paul Rogers is the speaker. A covered dish meal will be served in the Reese Building after the service.
• 1:45 p.m.: Calvary Baptist Church on S.C. 121 holds its annual Homecoming and Fellowship service beginning with special services at 1:45 p.m. The Rev. Jerry A. Aiken of Tranquil AME Church is the speaker.
• 11 a.m.: Enoree Baptist Church, 14080 U.S. 176 in Newberry, celebrates its 248th Homecoming. Lunch will be served in the fellowship hall following the service. The Rev. David Wilder is the guest speaker.
• Fellowship Baptist Church in Pomaria holds the final night of its revival at 7 p.m. Aug 12. Pastor James Caldwell of Renwick Grove and Little Beaverdam is the speaker.
• Old Beaver Dam Baptist Church, 3458 Beaver Dam Creek Road in Newberry, holds its revival from Aug. 14 through Aug. 17. The Rev. Adrian Wideman will speak at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 14 and the Rev. Arthur L. Kemp will speak during the week. Weeknight services are at 7 p.m.
• Antioch Baptist Church holds its revival from Aug. 14 through Aug. 17. The Rev. Rodney Francis will speak at 11:30 a.m. Sunday. Weeknight services are at 7 p.m. The Rev. James Jamison of Brookland Baptist Church is the speaker.
• James Hopewell Baptist Church holds its revival Aug. 14 through Aug. 18. The Rev. James Jamison of Brookland Baptist Church is the speaker on Sunday. Dr. F. Bernard Mitchell of Zion Hill Baptist Church will be the speaker for the week. Services begin at 7 p.m. each night.
• Lever Chapel AME Church holds its revival from Aug. 21 through Aug. 24. The Rev. Jose Lozano, the Rev. Elaine Eskew and the Rev. Michael Harp will speak at the 10 a.m. service. The Rev. Earl Clark (Aug. 22), the Rev. Eugene Rush (Aug. 23) and the Rev. Shelia Lozano (Aug. 24) are the speakers at the weeknight services at 7 p.m.
• New Enoree Baptist Church holds its revival from Aug. 26 through Aug. 31. A music workshop will be held at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 26 and from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 27 followed by a cookout. The Rev. Rodney Francis will speak at 3 p.m. Aug. 28. The Rev. Ricky R. Ezell of Central Baptist Church in Columbia is the speaker for the week.
• Little River Baptist Church, 26561 S.C. 34 in Silverstreet, holds its revival from Aug. 28 through Aug. 31. Pastor Mark Abney will speak at noon Aug. 28 and the Rev. Jerry A. Aiken of Tranquil AME in Greenwood will speak at 2 p.m. The Rev Freddie Wicker Jr. of McBeth Baptist Church in Union is the speaker during the week. Services are at 7 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
• Mt. Olive A.M.E. Church, 2763 Riser Road in Kinards, hold its revival Aug. 28. The Rev. Anthony Washington speaks at 2 p.m. the the Rev. Moses Rembert speaks at 3 p.m.
• Ain’t God Good, 310 W. Main St. in Clinton, holds worship services at 3 p.m. Saturday. Contact Bishop Troy Price at 537-2960 for more information.
• Aveleigh Presbyterian Church, 1211 Calhoun St. in Newberry, holds worship services at 9:15 a.m. followed at 10:30 a.m. by Sunday School. Aveleigh Worship Center service begins at 11:30 a.m. in Truesdell Hall.
• Bethel Missionary Baptist Church of Cross Hill holds Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service beginning at 11:15 a.m. each week.
• Friendship Baptist Church, 8302 S.C. 121, holds Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m.
• New Beginning Christian Church, 1609 First St. in Newberry, has Sunday school at 9 a.m. and church at 10 a.m. Bible study is at 6:30 p.m.
• New Chapel UMC on Deadfall Road in Newberry has worship services at 9 a.m. and Sunday School at 10 a.m.
• New Creation Church Family, 1310 Main St. in Newberry, holds worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday.
• New Enoree Baptist Church holds Sunday school each week at 9:30 a.m. followed by worship at 10:30 a.m. except the fifth Sunday.
• New Hope Baptist Church on S.C. 121 in Newberry has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 10:45 a.m. except the fifth Sunday.
• St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 1605 Main St. in Newberry, holds its Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. with music and communion.
• St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 4056 St. Luke’s Church Road, has worship services at 10:30 a.m. Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m.
• Sweet Springs A.M.E. Church, 20502 U.S. 76 in Newberry, holds worship service at noon the first and third Sunday of each month.
• Trinity Anglican Church, 928 Boundary St. in Newberry, worships in Word and Sacrament at St. Mark’s Catholic Church, on Sundays at 10 a.m.
• Trinity United Methodist Church, 1160 Trinity Church Road in Newberry, has Adult Sunday School at 10 a.m. followed by church at 11 a.m. Children’s Sermon and Children’s Church takes place during the 11 a.m. hour.
• True Light Ministries, 2407 Fair Ave. in Newberry, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m.
Prayer Meetings & Other Events
• Ain’t God Good, 310 W. Main St. in Clinton, holds Bible Study at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Contact Bishop Troy Price at 537-2960 for information.
• Bethel Missionary Baptist Church of Cross Hill holds intercessory prayer and Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and mid-week services at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Community Youth Fellowship, 6192 Macedonia Church Road in Prosperity, meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Dinner provided. Contact Nikki at 803-597-6654 or Kimberly at 254-449-5964 for information.
• Faith Assembly of God, 798 Fair St. in Newberry, holds prayer meetings at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
• Friendship Baptist Church, 8302 S.C. 121 in Newberry, holds Bible school at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Heart to Heart women’s ministry meets at 7 p.m. each Friday at Fellowship of Praise Church, 134 S. Main St. in Newberry. Call pastor Karen Dykes at 463-3935 for information.
• Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church, 2360 Mt. Pleasant Road in Pomaria, holds a men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. each Friday in the Reese Building.
• New Hope Baptist Church on S.C. 121 in Newberry holds Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sister Sister Community Outreach Ministry holds female youth and youth advisor and community youth ministry session from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at the Helena Community Center, 902 Giff St. in Newberry. A light breakfast is served.
• Shiloh Outreach Baptist Church, 194 Maybinton Road in Whitmire, holds community bible study at 6 p.m. every Tuesday.
• St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 1605 Main St. in Newberry, holds a weekly service at 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Springfield Place.
• Team Training in Apostolic Ministry is held at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for information.
• Trinity Anglican Church, 928 Boundary Street, holds evening prayer and Holy Communion at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• True Light Ministries, 2407 Fair Ave. in Newberry, holds men’s Bible student at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Bible study at 6 p.m. Tuesday and Joy Night at 7 p.m. Friday.
The Newberry Observer publishes notices of local interest from area churches on a space available basis. Items can be submitted in writing to The Newberry Observer, 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Items can include revivals, special speakers, musical groups, bake sales, etc. Call 803-276-0625 for more information.