• Mt. Olive AME Church, 2763 Riser Road in Kinards, holds a Back to School Bash at 7 p.m. featuring rapper Timothy Griffin. Contact Pastor Rhudene R. Toomer at 803-781-5318 or Ashlei Gallman at 803-537-6320 for more information.
• Moonlight Movie Night begins at sundown (8:30 p.m.) in Memorial Park in Newberry. The movie will be Zootopia. Call Newberry Parks, Recreation and Tourism Office at 803-321-1015 for more information.
• The Summer Stamp and Postcard Show is held at Spring Valley High School, 120 Sparkleberry Lane in Columbia, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission and parking are free.
• Woodmen of the World, 1420 Civitan Road in Newberry, holds a free hunter safety course from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring pencil and paper. Lunch will be provided. Go to register-ed.com/events/view/70671 to register.
• Newberry County 4-H holds a soap box derby race at Piedmont Technical College starting at 10 a.m.
• Newberry Electric Co-operative holds Shred Day and a back to school drive from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bring documents to be shredded and school supplies to donate.
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at [email protected] Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.