• 7 p.m.: The music ministry of First Baptist Church of Newberry presents a Night of Praise in Memorial Park. A melon cutting will be held afterwards.
• 10 a.m.: Bachman Chapel Lutheran Church celebrates its Homecoming and Golden Agers Sunday. A covered dish dinner will follow. Pastor James F. Shealy is the guest speaker.
• 3 p.m.: New Vision Ministries, 14154 S.C. 121 in Newberry, holds the pastor installation of Adrian Pitts.
• Boozer Chapel Church in Newberry holds its revival at 2 p.m. Aug. 7 with Tommy Lawson from Metropolitan Church. Bishop J. K. Stringfellow is the speaker at 7 p.m. Aug. 8 through Aug. 10.
• Bush River Missionary Baptist holds its revival Aug. 7 starting with the morning sermon. The 1 p.m. speaker will be the Rev. Bobby Seepersaund and the 2 p.m. speaker will be Bishop Robert Kinard.
• Fellowship Baptist Church in Pomaria holds its revival from Aug. 7 to Aug. 12. Aug. 7 services are at 1:30 p.m. and weeknight services are at 7 p.m. The speakers will be Pastor William Rice of Seekwell Baptist Church (Aug. 7), Pastor Tommy Lawson of Metropolitan (Aug. 8), Pastor Rodney Frances of Antioch (Aug. 9), Minister Jackie Sims of Calvary (Aug. 10), Pastor Freddie Wicker of McBeth (Aug. 11) and Pastor James Caldwell of Renwick Grove and Little Beaverdam (Aug. 12).
• Pine Grove African Methodist Episcopal Church, 12420 Broad River Road in Little Mountain, holds its revival from Aug. 7 through Aug. 10. The opening service will be at 10 a.m. Aug. 7 with the second sermon at 2 p.m. with the Rev. John A. Lewis of Mt Pisgah AME in West Columbia. Weeknight services are at 7 p.m. with prayer services at 6:45 p.m. Speakers are the Rev. Kevin Sheppard Sr. of Mt Zion Baptist Church in Chapin (Aug. 8), the Rev. Stanley Rivers of High Hill AME in Dalzell (Aug. 9), and the Rev. Marion Reeves Sr. of Pleasant Springs AME in Columbia (Aug. 10).
Prayer Meetings & Other Events
• Ain’t God Good, 310 W. Main St. in Clinton, holds Bible Study at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Contact Bishop Troy Price at 537-2960 for information.
• Bethel Missionary Baptist Church of Cross Hill holds intercessory prayer and Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and mid-week services at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Community Youth Fellowship, 6192 Macedonia Church Road in Prosperity, meets at 6 p.m. every Thursday. Dinner provided. Contact Nikki at 803-597-6654 or Kimberly at 254-449-5964 for information.
• Faith Assembly of God, 798 Fair St. in Newberry, holds prayer meetings at 7 p.m. Thursdays.
• Friendship Baptist Church, 8302 S.C. 121 in Newberry, holds Bible school at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Heart to Heart women’s ministry meets at 7 p.m. each Friday at Fellowship of Praise Church, 134 S. Main St. in Newberry. Call pastor Karen Dykes at 463-3935 for information.
• Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church, 2360 Mt. Pleasant Road in Pomaria, holds a men’s prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. each Friday in the Reese Building.
• New Hope Baptist Church on S.C. 121 in Newberry holds Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Sister Sister Community Outreach Ministry holds female youth and youth advisor and community youth ministry session from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at the Helena Community Center, 902 Giff St. in Newberry. A light breakfast is served.
• Shiloh Outreach Baptist Church, 194 Maybinton Road in Whitmire, holds community bible study at 6 p.m. every Tuesday.
• St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 1605 Main St. in Newberry, holds a weekly service at 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Springfield Place.
• Team Training in Apostolic Ministry is held at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for information.
• Trinity Anglican Church, 928 Boundary Street, holds evening prayer and Holy Communion at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• True Light Ministries, 2407 Fair Ave. in Newberry, holds men’s Bible student at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Bible study at 6 p.m. Tuesday and Joy Night at 7 p.m. Friday.
The Newberry Observer publishes notices of local interest from area churches on a space available basis. Items can be submitted in writing to The Newberry Observer, 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at [email protected] Items can include revivals, special speakers, musical groups, bake sales, etc. Call 803-276-0625 for more information.