• Jasper Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution invites all veterans and their families to Memorial Park in downtown Newberry for refreshments following the Veterans Day parade.
• Pomaria Food Bank, 138 Folk St. in Pomaria, holds an auction at 5 p.m.
• The annual oyster roast to benefit the Newberry Opera House is held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Waldrop Farm in Newberry. Call 803-276-6264 or visit www.newberryoperahouse.com for more information or for tickets.
• Pomaria-Garmany Elementary School’s PTO holds its annual Auction for Academics at 7 p.m. Barbecue plates will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. for $13. Call 803-321-2651 for more information or to order plates.
• Pomaria Society holds a meeting from 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 19. The meeting will include buying, selling and exchanging of seeds, plants, produce and gardening wisdom from the experts.
• Main Street Lights celebrates the lighting of Downtown Newberry beginning at 6:30 p.m. Free homemade cookies, goodie bags, candy canes and more will be available from local organizations.
• Pomaria Gives Thanks is held at Pomaria-Garmany School at 5 p.m. A covered dish meal will be served.
• A free Thanksgiving dinner is held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Academy (formerly Deena’s Dance Academy), 6192 Macedonia Church Road in Prosperity. The event is being sponsored by Joann Dehardt of “Heart & Hands Thrift Shop.”
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.