Wednesday, Sept. 21
• 10 a.m.: The Newberry Newcomers Club meets at the home of Winnie Senn, 1412 Chapman Drive in Newberry. Visit newberrynewcomersclub.com for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 22
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: The Newberry County Literacy Council offers basic computer classes at its office, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. The free class covers topics including Microsoft Office, Publisher, emailing and Internet. Call 803-276-8086 for more information.
• 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Women on a Mission and CPG Outreach Ministry meets at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for more information.
• 7 p.m.: Women on a Mission meets at Shiloh A.M.E. Church, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Minister Shawn Dreher is the speaker. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Mary Harmon at 537-6862 for more information.
• 7 p.m.: The Ruth S. Pugh Foundation meets in the conference in the Braswell Administration Building, 115-A Nance St. in Newberry.
Daybook contains items that occur on a recurring basis, such as council meetings, civic club meetings and the like. Items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at [email protected] Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.