• Newberry County Humane Society holds its semi-annual picnic at 6 p.m. at the grassy area of Springfield Place in Newberry.
• Woodman Life Chapter 437, 1420 Civitan Road in Newberry, holds a flag retirement ceremony at 6:30 p.m. If you have a flag that needs to be retired take it to the City Fire Department on Wilson Road or contact Dale Eargle at 803-276-6163.
• Silverstreet Lutheran Church holds a 5K color run at 9 a.m. in support of the Ruth Pugh Foundation at Newberry County Disability and Special Needs. Registration forms can be found at www.silverstreetlutheranchurch.com. Registration deadline is Sept. 12. Call Lindsay Piersol at 803-940-6328 or April Bryant at 803-944-9118 for more information.
• The Newberry County Humane Society assists the Newberry County Animal Shelter with an Adopt-A-Thon from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Tractor Supply in Newberry.
• Compassion and Choices SC hosts Are you Good to Go? Your End of Life Healthcare Choices at 10:30 a.m. at Springfield Place, 2000 Springfield Circle in Newberry. Doug Rice is the presenter.
• The “More In You” Experience with Dr. Commodore and Friends is held at Newberry College from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit themoreinyou.com for more information.
• Interfaith Community Services meets on the fourth Thursday of January, April, July and October. Call Sarah Smith at 803-321-2155 for more information.
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at [email protected] Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.